[TxMt] TextMate crashes and runaway bash processes (still)

Kjell Olsen kjell at station11.net
Mon Nov 14 17:38:46 UTC 2005

I've been having an issue (see below) with running any command from
textmate: whenever I try, textmate seizes up and starts spawning
unsuccessful processes.

Earlier Allen said it might be a disk format error, and indeed, my
disk was past the point of being repairable by Disk Utility. I wiped
and reformatted - only to still have the same error, but neither disk
utility nor fsck finds anything wrong with the disk.

While TM is spinning its gears (and spawning numerous bash
processes), anything I try to do in terminal gives me "-bash: fork:
Resource temporarily unavailable". Force TM to Quit and I get fork
back, so I can kill the bash processes and bring my CPU load back
down from 100%. I haven't seen anything show up in the console.

I keep up with the most current builds, am running on 10.4.3 (but the
problem occurred earlier with 10.4.2) on a 1.5ghz powerbook with
768MB RAM.

Any ideas?

-kjell