[TxMt] Re: Java support in TextMate

Alain Ravet arav2132 at biz.tiscali.be
Thu Nov 10 14:43:29 UTC 2005

Dev

    > My boss
I hope he is  not reading this forum.

    > .. was willing to get me the pretty and feature-rich IntelliJ, but I:
    > (1) Wanted to save our company nearly $500 because I'm a good
employee.

I'm afraid your "smart" saving is costing him much much much more than
$500 in lost productivity and lower code quality.
Even if you worked for free or peanuts, you would miss the many features
that helps you write clean and solid code (the inspections), the
integrated JUnit integration, the code formatter, the code pointer
sharing (ideTalk plugin), etc, etc...

If you disagree then, obviously, you don't know IDEA's power. If you
really want to be a good employee, give it a try and evaluate it for a
month.

    > (2) Couldn't bear what IntelliJ was doing to my PowerBook's RAM.
I guess it  depends on your project's size, but it works fine on mine,
with 1GB and java 5.

Alain