[TxMt] Really weird behavior w/ Python Bundle

Steve Lianoglou lists at arachnedesign.net
Wed Nov 9 19:39:09 UTC 2005

Howdy,

For some reason, this is only happening on my laptop .. an old g3
lombard, but anyhow, I'm using the latest build of TM.

Let me set the stage here:
I'm working on some Python stuff ...

Looking @ the bottom status bar/whatever you call, the Language is
clearly marked as Python (yay).
When I open that Language menu from down there I don't see Python in
the drop down list that opens.
If I deselect the menu w/o choosing a language, it says python.

If I switch the language from python, there's no way to switch it
back -- though if I restart TM, the file is correctly flagged as python.

It looks like the Python bundle isn't loading, or isn't being
shown .. I found this weirdness because I was trying to do a cmd-
shift-v to check my syntax and it didn't do anything ... so I went
digging for it in the Commands and noticed there is no Python bundle/
choice anywhere in the bundle editor.

I moved my /Library/App Support/TextMate/Bundles stuff out to make
sure there was no collisions ... maybe it had something to do w/ the
svn bundles .. but no, still same thing.

There are no bundles in ~/Library/App Support/TextMate/Bundles

The only bundles it's using now are the ones in
/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles
(which has the Python.tmbundle)

So I'm a bit confused as to what's going on ... my desktop doesn't
display this behavior at all.

Hmm ... the laptop is running OS X.3.9
The desktop has OSX.4.3

As a side note, this behavior seems to be isolated to Python ... when
woring w/ PHP on the lappy everything seems to be fine.

That's all the info I got.
Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks,
-steve