[TxMt] What does this key do?

Matt Mower matt.mower at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 13:36:28 UTC 2005

Hi Allan,

Thanks the reply.

On 07/11/05, Allan Odgaard <throw-away-1 at macromates.com> wrote:
> On 07/11/2005, at 10.05, Matt Mower wrote:
>
> > [...] I can hit undo but given the non-atomic undo nature it leaves
> > me with doubts about
> > whether my file is changed.
>
> Undo will undo exactly the action you did, nothing more, nothing
> less.

I should have a little more confidence.

As another suggestion (which is probably already in your list) would
it be possible for the Undo menu action to describe the last action
taken (e.g. I can see "Undo Typing" in the Edit menu right now).

> This is on the to-do -- one problem though is that a) I'm not really
> aware of all actions executed (although what the framework does w/o
> me knowing is minimal), and b) I can't fully mimic how the system

I'm surprised you can't be aware of all actions executed -- seems like
that would be a somewhat precarious position for an app to be in.
Would that prevent you from also reflecting the action to be undone in
the Edit menu?

Regards,

Matt
--