[TxMt] What does this key do?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Mon Nov 7 10:25:45 UTC 2005

On 07/11/2005, at 10.05, Matt Mower wrote:

> [...] I can hit undo but given the non-atomic undo nature it leaves
> me with doubts about
> whether my file is changed.

Undo will undo exactly the action you did, nothing more, nothing
less. So if you have a column selection and fire an action that
overwrites it, run a command, and insert a snippet, pressing undo
will bring you back to before that, and even with the column re-
selected (something I haven't seen other editors do).

> Would it be possible to add a feature that tells you what function a
> key combination will invoke?

This is on the to-do -- one problem though is that a) I'm not really
aware of all actions executed (although what the framework does w/o
me knowing is minimal), and b) I can't fully mimic how the system
translate menu keys. This is not just the Dvorak - Qwerty hybrid, but
things like option-cmd 8, which on the US keyboard would fire an
action bound to option-cmd 8, but on a “most of Europe” keymap, would
fire an action bound to cmd [.

Althoigh I think by now, I'm pretty close to mimicking the system
with my rather heuristic approach…