[TxMt] LaTeX diplaymath mode problems

Brad Miller bonelake at mac.com
Mon Nov 7 00:00:01 UTC 2005

On Nov 6, 2005, at 5:09 PM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> Hi Brad,
> On Nov 6, 2005, at 4:19 PM, Brad Miller wrote:
>

>> On Nov 6, 2005, at 3:54 PM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
>>
>>> In other words, the two dollars signs next to each other are
>>> matched as the begining and end of a simple math mode, instead of
>>> being considered as the beginning of a block math mode. What
>>> makes it even weirder is that the following:
>>> $$\int_{C_{t}}e^{g(z,t)}f(z,t)\d z$$ where $g,f$
>>>
>> I pasted your example above into the test.tex document and the
>> text between the $$ .. $$ is scoped as string.other.math.tex  The
>> word 'where' is scoped as text.latex and the g,f is scoped as
>> string.other.math.tex  I believe those are all correct yes?

I think I see the problem.  If you check the scope of the word right
before the first $$ 'integrals of the form ...'   You will see that
the scope of those words is meta.function.with-arg.tex  This is
because all of this text is contained inside the command that starts
\comment{My research...

My first question is, is this really what you want?

The meta.function.with-arg.tex rule recursively matches anything
inside the {  } by including source.tex.

So, by moving the displaymath rule into the TeX syntax file that will
help.
I have tried recursively including the LaTeX syntax but things got
really ugly when I did that.

So, I think it is time for some more work.
I need to look at both the TeX and the LaTeX syntax definitions and
be very careful about what goes in each.  I've always been pretty
casual about the difference between the two, but here is an example
where that causes problems.

I'll  try moving a few things around and see if that helps in the
short term anyway.

Brad