[TxMt] Re: TmCodeBrowser 1.03

Scott McDowell play at slowchildren.com
Sat Nov 5 23:32:08 UTC 2005

> - Added line for HTML <div> sections to the default .ctags.tmcodebrowser

First off, thank you very much for this plugin.  I don't understand much about
ctags, and I don't see any of my <div>s showing up yet, but that's cool.

One thing I'd really like to see is the addition of IDs.  I use the ID attribute
like crazy, it's how I style elements with CSS and access them through the DOM.
 In fact, I'm at the point where without even thinking about it I just label
almost every list, div, or header tag with some semantic ID just in case I want
to access it later through either javascript or CSS.  This comes in handy when
working on certain sections of the site, because most modern browsers let you
use put the ID of any element in the URL as a target.

So, in my dream version of TmCodeBrowser, it would list all of my IDed tags like:

div#header
h1#h-title
div#toolbar
div#content
ul#top-ten
div#footer
span#copy

Something like that perhaps?  Is this possible with ctags?  Could someone give
me a pointer on how to configure this?