[TxMt] Editing files via FTP

Jonas Witt jonas.witt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 20:47:18 UTC 2005

On 03.11.2005, at 20:29, David Jack Olrik wrote:

> On 02/11/2005, at 18.50, Trevor Turk wrote:
>
>> How can I edit multiple files straight from an FTP
>> server in a single window?
>
> Possible solution: http://www.interarchy.com/documentation/7/tour
>
> It allows you to create fake ftp and sftp volumens on your desktop,
> just like connecting to any other network volumen.

Finder can connect to FTP Servers and mount them to your Desktop on
its own. But I don't know if this works for SFTP, too.

If you have mounted a FTP Server as a Finder Volume (Connect to
Server, --> ftp://foo:bar@ftp.server.com/), it is absolutely possible to

cd /Volumes/ftp.server.com/
mate directory/

or drag any folder to TextMate (just tried that). Textmate shows the
directory, live updates it and you can open, edit & save files. Even
if Finder is not a very good FTP client IMO and sometimes is very
stupid when it comes to FTP connections, this works. VFS rock. :)

Jonas