[TxMt] Editing files via FTP

Trevor Turk trevorturk at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 17:50:40 UTC 2005

I love a lot of things about TextMate - but I'm still
having one major problem.

How can I edit multiple files straight from an FTP
server in a single window? I use Transmit 3 - which
lets you ctrl-click a file and "edit in" whatever.
Then, when you save, it shoots the new file up to the
server. However, I'm trying to figure out how to do
this within one window - like when you're working on a
"project". Coming from TextWrangler, this works fine
because all your files open in the file browser and
you've got one window. In TextMate, I've got a new
window every time, and I always have to drag the new
windows around because they open in "cascade" like
fashion. It's really a pain, and I'm trying to find a
way around this...

Is there a way to make a "project" that points to
files that are online? Is there a way to get new files
to open in a single window? I got the impression that
this "single window" thing I was talking about might
be coming to TextMate - but I'm trying to figure out a
way to work with this as-is.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
- Trevor