[TxMt] Wow! (random praise and comments)

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Mon May 23 17:37:44 UTC 2005

On May 22, 2005, at 18:32, Raymond Brigleb wrote:

> I just updated to b9 with the latest bundles via svn and I just
> gotta say WOW. The new theme support is outstanding. Although it
> doesn't quite make sense to me yet, how to navigate those features
> and even create my own theme, but it looks so much better!!!

Thanks! And the GUI will improve to make things more clear :)

> 1. The folding keystrokes are great but it doesn't make sense the
> way it works. folding to level two, it seems, should logically fold
> TO level two, not just at that level. [...]

hmm... I personally do use toggle foldings at level and only want it
to be at that level. This arises e.g. if I have a “list” (either
plist or html ul/ol list) at level 3-4 and want all list items to be
folded (so the list more resemble small bullet points), or e.g. when
I want to fold all methods of a class, but I don't want to fold the
class itself or the outer namespace declaration.

> 2. I can't figure out the keystrokes to switch between tabs but it
> seems like they should be the same as Safari if possible....

It's cmd-option left/right (shown in the navigation menu). Previously
Safari used cmd-shift left/right which was rather bad, since that's
select to begin/end of line (even in Safari forms). But starting with
Tiger, Safari now use cmd-{/}. I could use these keys for
consistancy, but probably in addition to the current.