[TxMt] html snippets, why the selected text part?

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at math.uchicago.edu
Sat May 21 22:10:51 UTC 2005

On May 21, 2005, at 4:44 PM, Jeroen van der Ham wrote:

> There is of course always the menu you can use to activate the snippet,
> in which case it would work. Or through some other hotkey.

Right, I keep forgetting there are people who like using menus and the
mouse. :-)
I just realized that a snippet could have both a key equivalent and a
tab trigger. Maybe then it would make sense to also bind all those
snippets to the same key equivalent, maybe in fact Ctrl-Shift-W, in
addition to their tab triggers? This way the user can select the text,
and then get to choose from a nice list of all the tags they might want
to wrap that text around, or to chose to use a custom tag.

Unless the option of having both a key equivalent and a tab trigger for
snippets was not the intended behavior/feature, but instead a bug.

Haris