[TxMt] My suggestions

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Wed May 11 01:27:52 UTC 2005

On May 9, 2005, at 20:04, Todd Boland wrote:

> o In the project list, i would like folders to appear above files

Currently you can always create a static project which gives you total
control over how stuff should be organized. But I'll probably add
folder/file sorting as an option for folder references in the future.

> o The project list should react in the same way as the finder. i.e.
> when i click, then wait a second, then click again, i should be able
> to rename a file.
> o double clicking a file in the project list should open it in a tab,
> not single click.

You can hold down option and click a file to enter rename. Double click
is currently used to open the file in the associated program, which is
very useful for non-textual files. There's also the matter that
TextMate doesn't activate the drawer on single click, making your
requests not very doable with the current system.

I do plan to make it a bit more like Finder in the future, but the
activation thing will still be an issue. I don't know for how long
you've used TM, but the single-click thing is probably just a matter of
getting used to it, and then you'll start to curse it if I actually
switch to requiring a double click to open a file ;)

> o Soft wrap should not default to on after setting it no off.

Soft wrap is toggled for file type, so while it is sticky, it's only
sticky for the current file type. Now that there is scoping I'll remove
this behavior and instead allow it as a scope setting.