[TxMt] Text highlight in 1.1b7?

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Tue May 10 09:26:45 UTC 2005

On May 10, 2005, at 3:58 AM, Vaska.Txt wrote:

> I have Fink Commander running...I just can't figure out what to do
> with it.  Nor can I find any reference to TextMate in it.  How do I
> remotely connect with this thing?

I don't have Fink Commander in front of me, but it should be giving you
an option to install a new package, either as binary or as source. The
name of the package you are looking for is "svn-client", which will
also require a package called "svn" probably. Then it should do
everything for you. Though the following is simpler.

> I dug around Martins site last night and once again, what do I do with
> these once I have them?  This may sound like a dumb question, but
> these are subversions of what?
"Subversion=svn"

1) Download the file "Subversion-1.1.4.pkg.zip", its url is:
http://homepage.mac.com/martinott/Subversion-1.1.4.pkg.zip
2) Locate the file in your computer using Finder (probably in some
folder where your downloads go, often the Desktop). If you browser
automatically unzips files, then you will find a file called
"Subversion-1.1.4.pkg". In that case, move to step 4.
3) Double click "Subversion-1.1.4.pkg.zip". It will unzip itself and
create a file "Subversion-1.1.4.pkg"
4) Double click "Subversion-1.1.4.pkg", and follow the installation
instructions.
5) Congratulations! You have just installed the program called
"Subversion", also known as "svn".
6) The command svn should work fine.

> If I get this figured out I'll write a tutorial for people like me who
> don't know what this stuff is all about (yet).
>
> Thanks...v

I hope this helps,
Haris