[TxMt] My suggestions

Todd Boland charged2886 at gmail.com
Mon May 9 18:04:45 UTC 2005

I'm currently using TextMate v1.1b8. Here are my suggestions:

o In the project list, i would like folders to appear above files
o The project list should react in the same way as the finder. i.e.
when i click, then wait a second, then click again, i should be able
to rename a file.
o double clicking a file in the project list should open it in a tab,
not single click.
o TextMate should remember the horizontal scroll position when
navigating between tabs (VERY ANNOYING)
o The line numbers/gutter should always be visible and not scroll
when horizontally scrolling.
o Soft wrap should not default to on after setting it no off.

And here's some things that I love:

o The progress that's been made in such a short amount of time
o The steady flow of betas
o The community surrounding TextMate
o The work that's being done to the syntax highlighting

Thanks Allan & others.

Todd