[TxMt] delay after switching back to TM

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sun May 8 02:43:55 UTC 2005

On May 8, 2005, at 4:35, Samuel DeVore wrote:

> A question, is my impression correct that TM checks the change status
> of all the files in the project drawers?

Yes, well, it checks the date of each top-level folder, and if the date
is different than when one left TM, it goes down a level etc. On
network mounted filesystems the date doesn't seems to be reliable, and
this check is slow. On a normal filesystem it _should_ really be a fast
check, but based on feedback, this isn't the case for all users.

> Wouldn't only need to check the status of files in the tabs?

Well, it needs to update the project drawer, and it needs the file list
for e.g. cmd-T etc. -- but yes, there's room for improvements, and as
previously stated, it will be changed to be more lazy and offload some
scanning to separate threads -- but it'll have to wait till I anyway
will update the project window for other planned changes and
improvements.