[TxMt] delay after switching back to TM

idc at gwi.net idc at gwi.net
Sun May 8 01:35:36 UTC 2005

I have been experiencing the same thing in b5 -- about two seconds for
TM to actually become active again after switching away.  I thought it
might be my file size or number of files open or something but I can't
find a direct correlation that is consistent.  Two seconds on a dual
2.5GHZ G5 is an awful lot of instructions...

> I'm curious, does this happen each time you switch away and back to
> TM, or only when something has actually changed in the filesystem?

Since things change on my filesystems all the time, I can't really say.
  It seems pretty consistent, though.

Is there some experiment we could perform, something to profile to give
you some hints?