[TxMt] LaTeX bundle snippet tab triggers?

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Sat May 7 16:58:50 UTC 2005

On May 7, 2005, at 3:09 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On May 7, 2005, at 2:12, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
>
> Generally I want bundle stuff to be on ctrl-shift-<key>. I've now made
> it ctrl-shift-

That is in general a great combo for this, but wouldn't it conflict
with the "Lines to enviroment" key equivalent? (Btw, Lines to
environment seems to be broken in b8, the TM_BUNDLE_PATH variable
doesn't seem to be set to anything. so it looks for "/linesToList.py".)

> L. Although it probably would make sense to come up with a general
> “build” key, similar to how we have ctrl-shift-V to validate whatever
> source/markup one is using.

Yeah, I agree.
>> Also, the BibDesk completion thing doesn't seem to work quite right
>> for me [...]
>>
>> Maybe it doesn't like the colon?
>
> Yes, it inserts the bracket after first word, colon being a non-word
> character. I've fixed it.

Works great in b7! That is broken too in b8 I'm afraid. (I guess this
all has to do with TM_* variables not being inherited by commands
anymore?)
>> It also added the closing brace, which would probably result in an
>> extra brace in most uses I can think of.
>
> Well, the problem is that the result from BibDesk contains a comment,
> so this is sort of required, or the comment should be stripped.

The comment is a nice touch (though I can see it as being irritating if
someone doesn't want it there. I certainly didn't expect it to show up
the first time I ran the command). Maybe the command could check
whether there is a brace right after the selection, and strip it first
before inserting the new text? Don't know how easy that would be.
> I think Thomas Schröder (who initiated the command) did actually strip
> the comment, so maybe that should be the default.

It would certainly be nice if that were an option. I personally don't
like the comments there, they disrupt my paragraph flow, so if the
reference appears in the middle of a paragraph, makes it harder to read
(for me at least).

Thanks for changing the tab triggers btw.

Haris