[TxMt] [Feature Request] Read-only Automatic Filter Views for Files

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Mon May 2 21:56:17 UTC 2005

On May 2, 2005, at 22:41, Erich Ocean wrote:

> [...]
> Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Sounds like a very good idea. So as I see it, this can be achieved with
basically 2 extensions to the current system:
  1) commands can “overwrite” the current buffer, and if output is HTML,
the text view will just switch to an HTML view and,
  2) commands can be setup to fire when selecting files in the project
drawer, so basically just a new activation mechanism.

With a tab-system like Safari there will be per buffer history, and #1
will just be switching to a new buffer within the same tab, and might
be nice to have in general (or variations, where instead it splits the
buffer and shows the output in the split view etc.).

I'm adding this as a goal to the project-window make-over.