[TxMt] Newbie questions

Stephen Lanza slanza at swcomplement.com
Wed Mar 30 20:08:58 UTC 2005

Hello

I just found out about TextMate and would like to test it for use in my
work. My main need is of a fast text editor to edit large text files that
contain formatted data. I currently use BBEdit and have used QUED/M in the
past to revise files with their regular expression find and replace
capability and their macro capability. TextMate seems to have this
capability but, at least for me, is not easily used.

To get started, I would appreciate it if you could let me know how to do a
simple find and replace via the automation run command menus. A simple
command to replace all carriage returns with tabs in the file being
displayed would get me going.

Also, I work with files that have macintosh (carriage return), unix (new
lines) and dos (carriage return, line feeds) in the data and do not want
them converted automatically. Is this possible? I see on the save command
that you can select one of three options but there is no option to leave the
line endings unchanged.

Thanks for any help.

Stephen Lanza
Software Complement