[TxMt] Folding [was: ConTeXt Bundle]

Mark Smith mark at bbprojects.net
Wed Mar 30 13:52:46 UTC 2005

Allan Odgaard wrote:

>On Mar 30, 2005, at 14:32, Mark Smith wrote:
>
>> If not, can we anticipate the bundle rules being extended to enable
>> multiple pairs of foldingmarkers to be included in a syntax ?
>
>Currently not possible, but yes, I definitely plan to do something
>about it. But it's not that simple, since there's a lot of
>considerations both with regard to different language idioms and what's
>technically feasible.

Thanks Allan. I'd welcome improvements here, but I can see that it is a tricky one.

I sent an off-list message to Robert (the other outed-ConTeXter on the list) with a suggestion:

I'm thinking about restricting the delimiting of folding blocks in the bundle to specific commented-out strings and supplying additional snippets which included these commented out folding markers.

So, I'd set the folder marking syntax to:

        \%start\.*\

and:

        \%stop\.*\

which would enable you to fold e.g.: