[TxMt] Bloating?

Gregg Thomason threegee at mac.com
Fri Mar 25 18:52:10 UTC 2005

 On Friday, March 25, 2005, at 12:45PM, Allan Odgaard <allan at macromates.com> wrote:

>On Mar 24, 2005, at 16:05, Gregg Thomason wrote:
>
>> [...] If it's replacing an existing app, it has to replicate workflow
>> /exactly/.
>
>ehm... I'm pretty sure that all TextMate users did use a text editor
>previous to october 2004, and I doubt it replicate the workflow from
>any of these editors /exactly/! :)
Well, to be fair, you had the good sense to allow me to port BBEdit-style filter scripts with little to no effort (to pick but one of several examples). You *did* replicate everything I needed to get working: emacs keybindings (years of muscle memory), plus mac-ness (same), years of filter scripts and odd bits of code (that are more crucial to me than I let on), etc.

User-level extensibility works.