[TxMt] [Q] Unicode and other encoding method?

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Fri Mar 25 07:38:43 UTC 2005

On Mar 24, 2005, at 6:06, JongAm Park wrote:

> Thank you for the great editor. I have never seen an editor with that
> unique features provided by the TextMate. It is very good.

Thanks! :)

> However I think it misses really important ones : International
> Lanaguage support.

Well, at least for non-Western users who doesn't just use it for
programming, of which there aren't many, but I know they do exist.

I have read (most of) the unicode standard (a few times probably) and
played (without having fun) with the API's Apple provide, but it
remains _a lot_ of work to do true international language support --
it's definitely something I'd like to add, but it'll have to wait till
more of the core features I plan are completed.