[TxMt] Anyone interested in a Smarty Templates bundle/language?

Ryan Schmidt textmate-2005 at ryandesign.com
Fri Mar 18 23:39:26 UTC 2005

On 18.03.2005, at 18:17, Mats Persson wrote:

> On 18 Mar 2005, at 16:26, Bruno Bronosky wrote:
>> I've never wrote a TM syntax, so I would like to work with someone on
>> this.  If you are not familiar, Smarty is the official template
>> engine for PHP. http://smarty.php.net
>> Here's a complex example of Smarty in action:
>> http://bronosky.com/pub/binaryGeek/
>
> As far as I know, Smarty syntax is essentially {tag}  based, so it
> should be quite easy to add that support. Perhaps you could educate me
> more about the different structures that need to be supported in
> Smarty.

A problem for people wanting to generalize syntax hiliting of Smarty
files is that you can choose delimeters other than {}. I, for example,
choose {{}} because {} conflicts with JavaScript and CSS, and their
proposed workaround for that is just silly. ("All you have to do is use
{ldelim} and {rdelim} in your CSS and JavaScript instead..." Yeah,
that's gonna fly.) I also don't use their proposed file extension of
.tpl because that's completely unclear to me; I use .smarty files.