Bare Bones [was: [TxMt] Public to-do list for TM (was: Textile Bundle?)

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Fri Mar 18 12:06:12 UTC 2005

On Mar 18, 2005, at 11:59, Mark Smith wrote:

> Can we drop this now and focus on TextMate ? (That's how it works on
> the BBEdit lists.)

In all fairness, they may not make such comments on their lists, but
they do make them in public, like: “we have observed the crowding of
the landscape with products which don't meet our standards for quality
and thoughtfulness” or “these overnight text editors don't reflect well
on the genre or the platform” -- this combined with a radio interview I
heard is what have made me think of them as spoiled rock stars (hence
my reference).

Please take such comments with a grain of salt, like with any other
comments sent to this list which doesn't meet your standards for good
behavior -- there are hundreds of subscribers from different countries
and cultures, not all share the same view of what's appropriate.

Seeing how TextMate is a magnet for disgruntled BBEdit users, I think
the occasional reference is unavoidable, similar to how you'll also
find an occasional Microsoft bashing on most Apple lists -- but this
really isn't what dominates this list, I have 3513 messages stored,
only a handful mentions the other company.