[TxMt] Stupid svn Repository Question

Mark Sapa Mark.Sapa at gmx.de
Sun Mar 13 13:37:05 UTC 2005

Hey, thanks for the prompt answer, Mats, but...

Am 13.03.2005 um 13:28 schrieb Mats Persson:

> On 13 Mar 2005, at 12:16, Mark Sapa wrote:
>> just a stupid question after puttering along with the Bundle
>> repository for a while: Is there an easy way of checking out the
>> entire "trunk" to a local directory?
>
> If I understand you correctly, yes, just do this:
>
> type this into Terminal for the whole TM Bundles repository

This just gets me:

> [moerk at mungon]~ 610 % svn checkout --username anon --password anon
> http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk ~/Bundles/
> svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/Bundles/trunk'
> svn: PROPFIND of '/svn/Bundles/trunk': 403 Forbidden
> (http://macromates.com)IND of '/svn/Bundles/trunk': 403 Forbidden
> (http://macromates.com)

> or this for just a particular bundle:
> svn checkout --username anon --password anon
> http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/<NameOfTMbundle>
> /Path/2/Save/Location/<NameOfTMbundle>

This usually gets me the errors I sent in the last mail (503 unknown
method), right now it repeats the 403 Forbidden error.
The svn version I have installed is svn-client-ssl from fink:

> [moerk at mungon]~ 613 % svn --version
> svn, version 1.1.3 (r12730)
>    compiled Jan 22 2005, 10:47:45
>
> Copyright (C) 2000-2004 CollabNet.
> Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.tigris.org/
> This product includes software developed by CollabNet
> (http://www.Collab.Net/).
>
> The following repository access (RA) modules are available:
>
> * ra_dav : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV (DeltaV)
> protocol.
>   - handles 'http' schema
>   - handles 'https' schema
> * ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
>   - handles 'file' schema
> * ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network
> protocol.
>   - handles 'svn' schema
>

>> And, after checking out individual bundles, is it normal to get
>> messages
>> like
>>> svn: REPORT request failed on '/svn/Bundles/!svn/vcc/default'
>>> svn: REPORT of '/svn/Bundles/!svn/vcc/default': 503 unknown method
>>> (http://macromates.com)
>
> Not an SVN expert, but no that's not normal.  What are you actually
> trying to do there ???

See above, I get this every time I try to check out a single bundle.

> An excellent GUI app to use is svnX. For more info visit this page: [
> http://www.lachoseinteractive.net/en/community/subversion/ ]
> I actually use it to keep my local copy up to date with the main
> Bundles repos

I actually saw this, but thought it would not work because they
mentioned on their
site that login & passwords are not yet implemented.

*trying out now...*

Nope... this just gets me another:

> svn Error
> svn: REPORT request failed on '/svn/Bundles/!svn/bc/469/trunk'
> svn: REPORT of '/svn/Bundles/!svn/bc/469/trunk': 503 unknown method
> (http://macromates.com)

When trying to contact   http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk

Would it be possible to make the entire trunk available as a .tbz or
something similar?
(Actually, rsync would be absolutely perfect for me, but I can
understand that I
might be in the minority here...)

Thanks again,

			MarkTS

(PS: Do I need to spell it out? TextMate rocks! Thanks, Alan! Thanks
also to all the
Bundle developers!)