[TxMt] TextMate with CSSEdit integration

Eric Hsu erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
Sun Mar 13 01:35:24 UTC 2005

>>useful method selector pull-down menu,
>>which is great for navigating around the file.
>yes, I've been missing one of those in tm since day one!

While we await the official solution from Allan, I've checked into
SVN a cute hack that does this:  upon hitting F1, it displays special
items in an HTML popup menu which magically sends you to the desired
line upon selection. It's in the Defaults bundle and currently
contains support for Perl and Python.

The way it works is it takes the output of 'entitynav.py' and
processes it using nav2htmlpopup.pl. If you want to add support for
your language, you can

(1) edit entitynav.py; or
(2) write your own command to process a file from standard input and
output grep format "line: text"; then pipe that through
nav2htmlpopup.pl as in the command.

I'm sure someone can make this look nicer; it was more a proof of
concept than anything, and a celebration that I finished a big talk
today!

- Eric
--
Eric Hsu, Assistant Professor of Mathematics
San Francisco State University
erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
http://math.sfsu.edu/hsu