[TxMt] Problems with b5 and services menu / BOM follow-up question

Christian Bogen christian.bogen at gmx.net
Thu Mar 10 21:37:03 UTC 2005

Am 10.03.2005 um 22:20 schrieb Allan Odgaard:
> All the services I have work on selected text, which does work for
> TextMate. Could tell me which service inserts text?

Well, I thought the »Insert« service was part of OS X. It inserts
various date and time stamps. Right now Unicode Checker and
DEVONtechnology's WordService are the only extra services I have
installed (it could be part of WordService).

>> Also I'd like to know if future TM version will let you, as an
>> option, create new UTF-8 files with BOM? (I know it preserves
>> existing BOMs ...)
> Why do you need this?

In the past I've had problems with UTF-8 being correctly recognized by
various editors if the BOM is not set. Is there any potential harm in
being able to (optionally) set the BOM? (Plus TextWrangler offers this
... ;-)

Christian

PS: Shouldn't TM register itself in the Service menu? It doesn't do
that here ...