[TxMt] interesting bookmark behavior

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Wed Mar 9 10:14:00 UTC 2005

On Mar 8, 2005, at 20:49, Lang Riley wrote:

> Just want to throw this out there: (1) place bookmark in file at the
> signature of a Ruby method (2) comment out the whole method displaces
> the bookmark so that it now moves itself to be after the commented out
> code?  Seems strange to me.  Feature or bug?  I love bookmarks though
> : )

Unfortunately when running a transformation (like a command) on the
selection, there isn't any easy way for me to keep the location of
meta-data (like bookmarks).

I guess I could look into some heuristics, like when the number of
lines are the same, it should re-use line numbers etc. -- but it's
unfortunately not that simple to implement, and it'll always be very
easy to break whatever I come up with...