[TxMt] TextMate and Transmit

Fred B. fredb7 at starflam.com
Sun Mar 6 18:34:01 UTC 2005

On 6 mars 05, at 17:18, Nednieuws wrote:

> Op 6-mrt-05 om 16:56 heeft Michael Gregoire het volgende geschreven:
>
>>> I assume that I am missing something which is obvious to everyone,
>>> but I can't seem to be able to save a file in TextMate which I have
>>> opened with the "Edit in TextMate" command in Transmit 3.02. When I
>>> try to save it just beeps and ignores me. It works in eg.
>>> SubEthaEdit, and it is exactly what I bought TextMate for, so it
>>> annoys me a little.
>>>
>>> Is this an error in Transmit, or something I'm missing?
>
>> I thought the same and then checked the file I had previously edited
>> and it did have the changes. The beep seems to mean that the change
>> was saved.
>> I definitely think that this behavior is strange as beeps usually
>> mean that something went wrong.
>
> Yeah, I hate that …

At first, I missed the Fugu bouncing icon, but after some time I kind
of like Transmit behaviour.
When you miss the bouncing icon, you're not sure it worked...
In Transmit, if you check "beep when transfer completes" in the prefs,
you have two beeps: one when you save and one when the file has been
uploaded.
This is good for the "Have I really saved the file?" paranoia. ;)

But I agree that they should provide different notification methods, at
least give us the choice to use different sounds...

--
Fred