[TxMt] subversion bundle broken?

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sat Mar 5 20:48:45 UTC 2005

On Mar 5, 2005, at 14:38, Tom Lazar wrote:

> i've checked out a current revision of the Bundle repository (rev.
> 429) and when I try to use any of the new subversion commands I get
> the following error:

Could be that Ruby 1.8 has sneaked in as a requirement. I've been using
it with Ruby 1.6, but maybe not the latest version (of the
svn_commit.rb) -- Chris, are you reading this list? :)

> before setting TM_SVN to ''/usr/local/bin/svn' it wouldn't run at all,
> complaining, that it can't find 'svn' (which is odd, as /usr/local/bin
> is in $PATH...

With the default shell variables in TM it will read the path in
/etc/profile, but not any further path you setup in e.g.
~/.bash_profile -- you can change BASH_ENV to point to your user
profile to have it source this file instead.

In beta 6 I'll change it so that BASH_ENV points to a file in the
TextMate bundle that (conditionally) sources both of these files
(~/.bash_profile + /etc/profile). The reason I can't just set the
default value of BASH_ENV to ~/.bash_profile is, that if that file is
missing, you won't get any path at all.