[TxMt] Background/foreground colors

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Fri Mar 4 18:36:12 UTC 2005

On Mar 4, 2005, at 19:17, Raymond Brigleb wrote:

> I'm trying to change the background/foreground colors, which only
> seems to work on documents w/out syntax highlighting.

That is correct.

> Do I have to learn how to rewrite the syntax rules to make this change?

Currently yes, but I'm working on a style sheet system that should
solve this problem. This is currently my main priority, so it should
appear shortly (but everything takes longer than I estimate ;) ).
Though if you want black background for HTML/PHP then you may instead
want to just check out the latest PHP (+ CSS/JS) bundle from the
repository [1], since Mats Persson just committed a version with a dark
color scheme.

> Why offer that option if it usually doesn't even work?

It is the default value for when there is no syntax applied to the
current file. In the future there may instead just always be a default
syntax.

> [...] I do like this program, but I assumed that it would come with
> documentation!!! Frankly, using this feels more like a scavenger hunt,
> not exactly par for commercial software.

There will be better documentation, but most likely not before after
1.1 final. The reason is twofold: 1) commercial software (or shareware,
as I prefer to call it) does not equal unlimited resources and 2) the
program is very much work in progress, and writing documentation now
and updating it while the program evolves, would probably consume 3-4
times more time than just writing the documentation when the program is
more or less “stable” in basic functionality.

[1] http://anon:anon@macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/