[TxMt] minor bugs in Markdown bundle

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Thu Jun 16 22:29:36 UTC 2005

On Jun 17, 2005, at 0:03, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> In a related note, I think this has come up before, but in the
> markdown bundle, there are two files test-minimal.markdown and
> test.markdown.
> Why does TM refuse to open those files?

TextMate will only open known text files by default (for projects).
So for extensions it doesn't know about, you'll have to manually
educate it by control-clicking the item and tell TM to treat it as text.

In 1.1b13 I have extended the learning heuristic so that if a file is
opened stand-alone in TM, it will remember that the file type is text
in the future.

But I probably will change it in the future to something like a
blacklist, whitelist and a test of non-printable characters for
unknown filetypes.