[TxMt] b12 and syntax bundles

Mats Persson mats at imediatec.co.uk
Thu Jun 9 14:49:26 UTC 2005

On 9 Jun 2005, at 14:20, Jamal Johnson wrote:
> i've been sort of out of the loop lately with the textmate
> progressions and have been using b4 for quite a while.

Welcome back ;)

> i updated yesterday to b12 and copied all my bundles i wanted over,
> but seem to be having trouble getting one i have (Velocity, for
> VTL) to work at all. would anyone out there like to help me figure
> out what's wrong if it send it?

Many many things have changed since b4 so your old bundle(s) will
need to be re-written/edited for it to work in b12. It's difficult
for me to tell you exactly what without it, but most likely there are
these changes to be made:

-- remove all formatting (colour, font style, etc) from the syntax file
-- ensure that each regex group in the syntax file fits in to the
correct naming scheme and is named correctly. (the naming scheme is
still being confirmed atm, but you can look at other syntax files for
further info.)
-- ensure that any Command, Macro or Snippet has the correct scope
assigned.

Give those a try and if you still have problems or questions  then
come back to us. Alternatively, get on the #textmate IRC and ask us.
(IRC Info on Macromates.com homepage )

Kind regards,

Mats

----
"TextMate, coding with an incredible sense of joy and ease"
- www.macromates.com -