[TxMt] Problem with LaTeX bundle

Frank Schönmann textmate-ml at usestrict.de
Sun Jun 5 20:28:37 UTC 2005

hi

I don't know who's responsible for the LaTeX bundle, so I'm writing
about it here. There are some issues in which I think it should be
improved.

In particular, there's a problem with using " characters. I don't
think there are any " delimited strings in LaTeX, but instead " is
used to denote umlauts in German texts (e.g. to get ä you type "a).
So, whenever I use an umlaut the syntax highlighting doesn't work
anymore until the next umlaut because TM marks the text in between as
being in the invalid.string.latex scope. This IMHO serves no useful
purpose at all but nevertheless breaks the syntax highlighting. Could
anyone please fix this?

I'd also like to have a scope representing environments. So you could
e.g. mark environments (something between and including \begin{} …
\end{}) with a special background setting to distinguish them from
the surrounding text.

If I have another idea I'll write about it here.

--
bye, Frank!