[TxMt] Re: Vanishing project window under 1.1b15

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Wed Jul 27 13:21:34 UTC 2005

On 27/07/2005, at 10.48, Chris Jenkins wrote:

>> Does she use a multi-monitor setup?
> Yes, we both do.

Okay, can I persuade you to do some testing on her setup?

If so, start Terminal.app and do:

% mkdir /tmp/tst
% open -a TextMate /tmp/tst

This should open the folder as a scratch project, and I assume that
the window doesn't show!?!

So press: cmd-ctrl-S (save project) and press return. This should
save the project.

Now go back to Terminal.app and type:

% pl < /tmp/tst/tst.tmproj|grep windowFrame

This will show the frame dimensions of the project window. These
should at least tell us if the window is just off-screen, or if it
never opened (due to some other mysterious reason).

You may also want to experiment with using the primary or secondary
screen, when opening a new project.

And when reporting the window frame, it'd also be nice to know the
coordinates of the two screens (if you can obtain these).