[TxMt] NEED Japanese Text Encoding! (pretty please?)

Sean Schertell sean at datafly.net
Mon Jul 25 00:14:57 UTC 2005

>> This is my first post.  I just wanna say: Wow!  This thing looks
>> truly awesome!  But...  for those of us doing non-western and non-
>> UTF-8 encoding web pages, it's unusable.
>> Oh please please PLEASE add support for Shift-JIS and EUC-JP!
>> (japanese)
>>

> I am almost positive it won't happen; you can use external tools
> such as iconv or similar to convert to/from instead. The best would
> be to use UTF-8 on those web pages of course.

Unfortunately, UTF-8 doesn't work for Japanese in some cases.  For
example Mac IE (still used by all those poor souls still stuck on OS
9), shows lots of wacky characters.  And trying to code a page full
of nonsense characters, then use iConv everytime you upload -- not
exactly a smooth workflow :-(

Why do you say it won't happen?  Are you one of the developers?
Remember, Japan is a huge (possibly #2) market for the web so this
isn't some obscure out in left field feature ;-)

Cheers,
Sean

::::  DataFly.Net  ::::
Complete Web Services