[TxMt] Web stuff (was Just came here ...)

Andreas Wahlin andreaswahlin at bredband.net
Sun Jul 24 16:57:32 UTC 2005

> I saw your post on the TM blog, and really wanted to get in touch
> with you about it. Having worked with the XHTML/CSS/JS/PHP syntaxes
> over the past few months, I know where some of the weaknesses are
> and many of them have been noted for a long time, but it is always
> good to hear from someone new and fresh.
>
> The problems we are having with the (X)HTML syntaxes are how to
> structure them up, avoiding repetitions, making them work with
> multiple other syntaxes (such as PHP, Ruby, etc).  Many of the
> causes for these limitations have just been removed in 1.1b14+, and
> I am trying to rework the (X)HTML syntaxes to work better,
> including specific level highlighting like the <form> tags you
> mentioned.
>
> Actually, if you look at the PHP syntax you will find that there
> are specific syntax groups for each of the various function groups,
> so that you could have MySQL specific functions in green, while the
> Array specific functions are Yellow if you would want that, and the
> ultimate aim of the (X)HTML syntaxes are something along those lines.
>
> The problem with (X)HTML is that it's a beast in my mind, and kind
> of hard to grasp firmly at times. So if you can find the time and
> energy to help with that we all would be grateful

What would I/we do ... is there some organised taskforce behind this
or is it just to come up with ideas?
I don't know if I feel up to develop some sort of standard and sort
up the entire XHTML language nice and tidy, but I could sure give
feedback and requests and ideas.

Is there some current special problems or anything to look at? To be
honest I don't know how deep I want to go, but it could be fun to be
a small part at least, so things can go my way ;)

> PS:  Just for clarification I am just a happy TM user that is
> helping out with some of the WebDev syntaxes.

Yep, good to know.

Andreas