[TxMt] comparable windows editor?

Justin Henry jhenry at uvm.edu
Fri Jan 28 16:21:50 UTC 2005

Patrick Burleson wrote:

> On Windows I've always relied on UltraEdit
> (http://www.ultraedit.com/). It has syntax highlighting that can be
> user defined. I have no idea if anyone has made a highlight file for
> Ruby or Rails, but I know there's one for PHP.
>
> It's not free, but certaily worth the price.

I'd agree - UE was effectively the only app really holding me back from
a real "switch" until TM.  It does have a file list similar to the
"drawer", as well as tabs.  It also does allow you to have saved
"projects".  It is definitley one of the most robust text editors out
there that I've seen.

Looks like there is a syntax (Wordfile) for Ruby, but it does look kind
of old (2001):

http://www.ultraedit.com/index.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=40#wordfiles