[TxMt] Nested snippet placeholders

Jan-Ole Esleben esleben at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 14:53:30 UTC 2005

Hi!

I wonder if I am the only person that would love to see nested
snippets. Apparently, at the moment, snippets are processed by regular
expression matching, which rules out nesting of placeholders. But
wouldn't it be great if one could do something like this (that's for
Prolog code):

findall(${1:X}, ${2:member(${1:X}, $4)}, ${1:X}s)

If you deleted $2, of course, the placeholders inside it would not be
activated any more.

And sorry if this has already been discussed, but I couldn't find any
references to this particular subject.

Ole