[TxMt] icon

Torsten Becker torsten.becker at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 18:59:58 UTC 2005

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 08:31:47 +0100, Johan Sörensen wrote:
> yes, I too feel a sad sentimental about seeing the old icon gone, and
> a bit sad that the purple man seems to be closely related to the green
> family in the subethaedit icon :(

in-fact the idea while making this icon was (like written here:
http://one.textdrive.com/pipermail/textmate/2004-December/001863.html
) to let it look a bit like subethaedits icon.

i think there are much icons that look like textedit (all with-shipped
os-x editors) and it had to look a bit different but imo it had to
show some kind of 'mate' and some papers and a pen also had to be
there because of 'text' and its an editor.

than there was the suggested purple color (which was imo a good idea)
and this was the first thing looking a bit acceptable in this color i
was able to paint.  i also played around a bit with some eyes or
eye-glasses but it didn't look very well (some are shown in this gif:
http://members.lycos.co.uk/staff/tm/icon_progress.gif ) so this is the
reason why it looks like it looks.  if you have some ideas how to
improve it (other than restarting from beginning because this costs
time, much of time :) ) please send it .. i will try it out if i find
the time.

--
Torsten Becker