[TxMt] Highlighting changes made to a document

Andrew Green andrew at article7.co.uk
Tue Jan 25 12:04:11 UTC 2005

Hi,

Firstly, heartfelt thanks and congratulations to Allan on the latest
beta.  TextMate is getting better and better, seriously quickly.

There's still one key feature from SubEthaEdit I'd *love* to see in
TextMate, and that's the ability to highlight changes made to a
document as they're made, using a background colour -- in much the same
way that TM can now highlight the current line.

By way of context, much of my work involves updating and tweaking code
I've already written, and a great side-effect of the way SEE implements
its collaborative editing is that any changes you make to a file can be
highlighted as you go using a background colour of your choice.  This
makes it incredibly easy to see just what I've changed in the current
session, so when I introduce bugs, I can very rapidly find what I've
done and put it right.

Could such a feature be included in TM?  Or would it conflict horribly
with the new syntax highlighting system?

Cheers,
Andrew.
--
                   ::