[TxMt] File navigation feature requests

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Fri Jan 21 07:05:33 UTC 2005

On Jan 21, 2005, at 7:39, Tobias Luetke wrote:

> The first and bigger proposal is to bring intelligent file opening to
> textmate. This works much like quicksilver. [...]

You must be new here ;)

http://lists.macromates.com/pipermail/textmate/2005-January/002340.html

> [...] The same code could later be used to jumping to methods within
> a file.

Ah, that's a very nice touch (I'll add it to the to-do)!

> Another proposal would be introduction of intelligent tab fading [...]

I'll need to have the idea rest in my brain for some time before I can
really judge whether or not I think it has merit. As of such I'm not
opposed to it, it sounds neat, but it conflicts with my reluctance
toward hard to predict automated behavior, especially when the behavior
includes making items disappear -- but I'll keep it in mind!