[TxMt] Re: textmate Info Page

Damien Pollet damien.pollet at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 10:03:38 UTC 2005

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 09:46:01 +0100, Sune Foldager <cryo at cyanite.org> wrote:
> The way it is pulled off in emacs is due to its built-in language; I am
> not saying you must have a built in language to make it work, but it
> would probably be an advantage. Too bad AppleScript is kinda crappy
> ;-). Would be nice with a more powerful "scripting" language.

Happy to read this!
IMHO writing applescript is too tedious and slow to get anything
useful done, especially for text processing. Bindings to a real
unixish scripting language would be way nicer... my preference goes to
Ruby, but an ObjC API would enable more language-agnostic access
(Python has Apple-provided ObjC support, don't know for Perl)

Also that API doesn't have to be so low-level as in Emacs to be
useful... I don't need mail clients or games in TextMate ;-)

-- D