[TxMt] one more update to command line tool

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Mon Jan 17 09:37:20 UTC 2005

On Jan 17, 2005, at 10:18, otheraccount at verizon.net wrote:

> Uh, picking up again on this command-line-tool hacking, Eric suggested
> it should:
>
>> - jump to line number
>
> This is no substitute for the real thing---just some GUI scripting,
> which isn't pretty---but a little thrown-together script for going to
> a particular line follows. [...]

As I think I've previously revealed, I don't know much about AS, but
isn't it possible to send raw apple events from AS? And to work with
binary data structures?

If so, TextMate supports the Metro Werks External Editor API for
opening a file at a given line [1].

Another option is to use the recently introduced URL-scheme with the
open command.

And this is not me saying I won't do the promised command-line tool
(and also, I'll fix it so that opening files which are in a project,
will show up in that project instead of a new window)! ;)

[1]
http://codingmonkeys.de/techpubs/externaleditor/pbxexternaleditor.html