[TxMt] syntax tool

Justin French justin.french at indent.com.au
Sun Jan 16 06:53:41 UTC 2005

On 16/01/2005, at 12:36 PM, Eric Hsu wrote:

> (1) bundle writers standardized the 'names' of the various color
> classes and

The whole syntax highlighting thing is going to be overhauled, so in my
opinion, it will be a bit a waste of time... The SH files will all have
to be re-written or updated soon, so I don't see the need to do it
twice or more, but if you've got lots of time on your hands, go for it
;)

Also, FWIW, it's very hard to standardize the names.  For example the
Ruby SH mentions many 'classes' that are not applicable in PHP
whatsoever, and vice-versa.

I *think* Allan is moving towards "official" language definitions
(maintained centrally), and then a syntax *styling* interface which
will essentially provide the power to edit the colours and font styles
of the elements define in the language definition.

My advice is "sit tight, and wait for the good things to come", but of
course, I am just one man :)

---
Justin French, Indent.com.au
justin.french at indent.com.au
Web Application Development & Graphic Design