[TxMt] Feature request: "see" like SubEthaEdit

Sune Foldager cryo at cyanite.org
Sat Jan 15 14:43:54 UTC 2005

On 15. jan 2005, at 14:25, Ralph Pöllath wrote:
> IMHO, the right way to do this would be to have a command line tool
> that uses the ODB interface (which is what FTP clients use to edit
> remote files) to tell TM to edit the file and notify the tool when the
> file is saved or closed (so that the tool can then exit).
>
> One problem with this approach is that ODB works with Apple Events,
> and AFAIK, for TM to notify the tool, the tool must be an application,
> and must have a unique creator code.

Yes, a problem indeed. I think Allan is aiming to use something else
(distributed objects) to provide the necessary interface. I think
launching faceless background applications etc. is very ugly. A more
general, more Cocoa way of doing it (also since ODB really has very
poor Cocoa support) would be nice. Allan can correct me if I am wrong,
but I think that is what is planned :-).

--
Sune.