[TxMt] Asian language input methods

Jonathon Delacour jonathon at delacour.net
Wed Jan 12 10:49:39 UTC 2005

Having just returned to the Macintosh after eight years of using
Windows (and TextPad), one of the first applications I installed was
TextMate. Twenty minutes later, when I'd piped my first text through
markdown.pl and created my first tab-activated snippets, I was already
happy to pay the license fee.

However, I then found it wasn't possible to enter Japanese text. The
list archives revealed that  Kazuo Saito had already raised this issue
(http://one.textdrive.com/pipermail/textmate/2004-December/001824.html)
and that Allan Odgaard had promised a fix:

> I can't give an ETA on when this will be fixed, but I can imagine it's
> frustrating for those who rely on these input methods, so I'll try not
> to have “the fix” pending for too long.

I appreciate that perhaps only a tiny minority of TextMate users need
to work with Asian languages but was hoping that it might be possible
to give an approximate ETA on when this will be fixed. I really don't
want to waste time looking for an alternative to TextMate.

Thanks,

Jonathon Delacour