[TxMt] how do you close excess tabbed files?

Xavier Noria fxn at hashref.com
Wed Jan 5 21:05:08 UTC 2005

On Jan 5, 2005, at 8:50 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On Jan 4, 2005, at 20:30, Mats Persson wrote:
>
>>> - "spotlight" filter could be applied to *all* open files
>> Sledgehammer and nut comes to mind with regards to 'spotlight-ing'
>> open files. If you need to search your open files, then you have too
>> many open.
>
> For those interested in trying this sledgehammer, there is a b1p2
> available: http://macromates.com/textmate/files/TextMate_1.1b1p2.zip
> (the feature is in Navigation / Go to File… or command-T).

Great! Both the textfield and the scope selector will be very useful. I
like specially the possibility of opening a file that way project-wide,
which is not very common in editors AFAICT. Most of the time I know the
name of the file I want to switch to so that's really cool. Thank you
Allan!

What could be done to distinguish files with the same name in the file
list? Appending their directory relative to the project root to their
right could be a solution.

-- fxn