[TxMt] Catching Error messages

Eric Hsu erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
Tue Jan 4 00:49:19 UTC 2005

>>It works pretty well and it catches in a 'jumpable way'
>>most of the errors and warnings that pdflatex produces.  I leave it to
>>others to customize the path to pdflatex...
>
>This would work indeed, although I have the feeling it's a bit overkill
>to do this with perl ;)

Hey, it's only 56 characters in Perl!!   :)   Anyway, I wanted to get
it working before Allan comes out with an eventual fix.

>>Preview has an annoying habit of not refreshing files when they are
>>re-opened; otherwise this would be a complete replacement for TexShop.
>
>I use TeXniscope[1], which speaks a bit of applescript and is able to
>refresh the pdf.

Excellent recommendation! I changed my command to open TeXniscope instead.

- Eric
--
Eric Hsu, Assistant Professor of Mathematics
San Francisco State University
erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
http://math.sfsu.edu/hsu