[TxMt] how do you close excess tabbed files?

Xavier Noria fxn at hashref.com
Sun Jan 2 02:45:27 UTC 2005

Although I dislike the fact that I don't see what it is open in the
single-row model, I like how Eclipse resolves this: There's a shortcut
(Apple-E) that expands the list of wrapped tabs. In that box there's a
handy textfield that filters as you type (on the fly) and has the
keyboard focus.

This way I can switch quickly with a few keystrokes. Of course you can
do that with the mouse but that's rather slow compared to the keyboard
in this case because in addition to move the hand out ouf the keyboard
*you* have to search for the filename in a probably long list of
choices.

I recorded a movie to depict the sequence, there Apple-E is typed to
make the yellow box pop up:

     http://www.hashref.com/textmate/eclipse_tabs.mov

-- fxn